News and Events at Invigorations
Skin Cancer Facts: Be Aware
- One Invigorations client after going to the doc found out she had melanoma and it looked just like a freckle. She said there was no way it looked any different to her than any other freckle.
- Another client spent over a year going to different doctors for what looked like pimples on her calf to finally discover it was a huge squamous cell carcinoma that resulted in a grapefruit size mass of muscle that had to be removed.
- And another had a spot that just wouldn’t heal and found out it was cancer.
What are the signs & symptoms?
Apply your ABCDE’s.
- A=Asymmetry. If you folded the spot, would both parts match? Yes is good.
- B=Borders. Are they smooth or meandering? Smooth is good.
- C=Color. One color is good. Several contrasting colors…hmm, not so good.
- D=Diameter. Is the spot the size of a pencil eraser? Smaller is better.
- E=Evolving & Elevation. Changing in size, color, shape, elevation—not good.
Mainly watch for new spots that appear and/or changes in spots you already have, especially color-size-elevation. If a spot has oozing or bleeding that’s not healing, definitely get it checked out.
Reminders about prevention:
- Avoid heavy duty sun or tanning exposure.
- Fashion trend: wear a hat and sunglasses.
- Rub on the sunscreen.
If you have any questions about the best sun screens for your skin type, stop in or make an appointment for a free Face Mapping Analysis. This analysis is also a regular part of every facial at Invigorations.